This is my first ever blog so please be kind. I thought why not start with some inspiration from the Golden Globes. Award season officially kicked off last night! The best of film and television stars gathered to show us their take on some of 2019 beauty and makeup trends. From Lady Gaga’s bold in all blue, to pops of colour on Camilla Belle and Jameela Jamil , Metallic moments for Thandie Newton and Lucy. The Globes got me excited for what is to come in 2019…
1. Lady Gaga – The bell of the ball – In my opinion Gaga is a trend in herself, therefore I am giving her first place. She gave us all Cinderella vibes in her custom ice blue Valentino dress. This is a trend that I think we will see a lot more of in 2019. Blue is here to stay. I loved how she paired her hair to match her dress and kept her drama on her eyes with metallic frosty shades and a strong cat eyeliner shape. Her skin was perfectly prepped and glowy with a soft nude lip to compliment the drama on her eyes. A show stopper in true Gaga form.
2. Metallic Moments – Thandie Newton and Lucy nailed this trend. Effortless and totally rock chic. Thandie’s natural hair and incredible metallic dress with a classic smokey eye with a slightly navy twist made her eyes pop but she kept everything else simple. Fresh glowy skin and plump nude lips. She looks ready to party! A smokey eye is the perfect makeup element for any party.
3. Glowy skin – I love glowy skin. I love this trend and I love that it is here to stay. There are so many products out there now to help achieve this look. Some of my favourites include Charlotte Tilbury Flawless Filter and Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid Highlighter. This trend works on all complexions and skin types. Julie Roberts showed us how its done with her healthy fresh glow.
4. Pop of colour – A pop of colour is a great way to amp up your makeup look. A bold eye looks gorgeous with glowy skin or a bold lip with soft clean skin to match your dress a la Jameela Jamil. Whatever you feel more comfortable with sometimes its fun to add a little colour to our looks. Makeup should be fun. Jameela Jamil and Camilla Belle both rocking this trend perfectly at the Globes.
5. Natural and Effortless – Sometimes you don’t want to do too much with our makeup. I think Rosemund and Saoirse do this perfectly. If you have a stand out outfit a clean fresh face can make it stand out. Minimal makeup and clean slicked back hair are perfect for any party season. Skin prep is key when achieving a minimal makeup look.
6. Romantic Makeup – Emmy Rosum shows us how one shade is all you need. A soft pink wash on the eyes, a pink flush in the cheek and pink stain on the lips. A true romantic makeup look perfect for any bride in 2019. Super soft and feminine with fresh glowy skin. My favourite kind of makeup is when you look glowy and confident in your skin and I think Emmy looks just that at the Globes.
DISCLAIMER: I endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image I use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact me @ email@example.com